RSS

White Chocolate, Raspberry & Macadmia Muffins

I made these tonight – they’re pretty moreish!

P1130332nP1130347n 

The recipe (only minutely altered) is from here

White Chocolate, Raspberry and Macadmia Muffins

1/2 cup (95g) white chocolate bits
3/4 cup (155g) caster sugar
2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
1/2 cup (80g) coarsely chopped macadamias
1 cup (125g) frozen raspberries
1 egg, lightly whisked
1/2 cup (125ml) macadamia oil
3/4 cup (185ml) buttermilk (or milk, which I used)

  1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tray

  2. Combine the white chocolate, sugar, flour and macadamias in a large bowl. Add the raspberries to the mixture. Stir to combine. Make a well in the centre.

  3. Whisk the egg, oil and buttermilk (or milk) in a jug. Pour into the flour mixture. Gently stir until just combined. Spoon evenly among the pans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Remove from oven, set aside for 5 minutes. Serve warm.

I loved these muffins! They were fluffy and moist and had a beautiful nutty flavour. I didn’t have any buttermilk so I just used normal milk. If I had to make any comments, it would be to chop the macadamias smaller than ‘coarsely’ chopped. The larger pieces tend to take chunks out of the muffin when handling them.

The other muffin tip I’ve learned over the years is to only stir the muffin mixture until JUST combined. It’s a fine line between getting a slightly powdery mixture and one that is too smooth. I use a wooden spoon as it helps me combine the mixture quickly. You should end up with fluffy muffins as long as you don’t overstir!

Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That sounds like a wonderful recipe; thanks for sharing and have a fun day!

Mariodacat said...

Wow - those look really good. I'm going to have M make me some of those. Thanks for sharing.

iLexxx said...

yummy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...